Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Be careful what you wish for

Our dog Missy decided to take a detour on her way to bed again last night. She always comes back, but this time Mykhal decided to follow her. She stopped to sniff at something then ran back to Mykhal and led him to the spot she had been sniffing. It was newborn kittens! The Momma no where in sight, two were already dead, but one was moving and making noise. It still had the placenta attached to the cord so the poor baby couldn't have been more than a few minutes to a couple hours old. Mykhal brought the baby home. I made a quick phone call to a good friend to find out what I should do to give this little thing the best chance of survival.
Now Mykhal began laughing at me. I couldn't imagine why so he shared. "Mom, you said you wanted a baby.....you just didn't specify a HUMAN baby!" Oh dear! But he's right, and I still have feedings every 2 hours or so and a bottom to wipe. Life is so not dull and I really MUST remember to be careful what I wish for!


No comments:

Post a Comment