- When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.- Refrain:
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.
- Refrain:
- Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done.
A portion of the hymn written by Johnson Oatman, Jr., pub.1897
I honestly fail miserably at this! I get started and then get overwhelmed! My cup overflows beyond my greatest dreams!! I have a God who sees to my every need, I have a husband who spoils me rotten (he took over where Daddy left off nearly 20 years ago*cheshire cat smile*), I have children that truly are a blessing to me (not to say I don't want to snatch them bald now and then - why pull my hair out right?) I have wonderful relationships with my family both close and extended, a wonderful home filled with way more STUFF than I could ever need (but enjoy having), sweet friends I hold close to my heart, and above all under all through all there is LOVE. A dear friend of mine when asked "how are you" almost always replies "Blessed Beyond Words"....I think that sums it up nicely!
May you experience the moment by moment blessings that happen in your life, those ordinary miracles of finding your keys before it's time to run out the door and hearing a baby giggle in the next aisle over. May you see, hear, feel those precious whispers of Love from God as He wraps His arms around you. Accept His peace.....and LIVE "Blessed Beyond Words"
No comments:
Post a Comment