Tuesday, December 21, 2010

49 weeks and counting

Russ left 3 weeks ago....gone for a year ....do the math.....49 weeks to go - ish.  ISH is an ALWAYS with the military!  We are surviving nicely and get contact with Russ pretty much daily.  He has already received several care packages for which he is very thankful....and another list for the next box has been started! 
We are looking forward to Christmas with family!  And in preparation I had a "ME" day today.  I took myself out for a bit of pampering!  I got my nails done, my hair trimmed and highlighted, had lunch, and also took care of getting the truck's oil changed and got it a bath....not before it needed it believe me!  The kids stayed home to take care of the last of their lessons for this year and to get themselves ready for our time with family.  After living in the middle of the Pacific Ocean for 3 years I have an even greater appreciation for nearness to family.  So nice to be close enough to visit fairly frequently! 
The coming year holds the promise of possibility!  Looking forward with great anticipation.....

No comments:

Post a Comment