Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Giving mom a hard time
Yes Lex is very good at that! And I wouldn't trade it! When we started wedding planning one of the first things on the list was a pattern and material for her dress since she hates white and doesn't want anything close to something traditional. It took a good long while to hone in on what she really wanted. She claims to not be good at picturing things in her mind which does not help in being able to describe what one desires. We did eventually find the parts of the dress she wanted in three different patterns. Thankfully I do have a little sewing experience under my belt and figured out that I could buy only one pattern and just modify. So we were off to match fabric to the pattern parts......it was an equally difficult endeavor. Finally fabric was decided upon, we had it cut (with a little extra just in case mom's modifications weren't on target) and it was time for measurements. Pattern and material were cut quickly, but then got put on the back burner for a bit to get invitations done......and the list keeps growing....... Finally I found a couple of days to sit down at my machines (I have a serger too for which I am ever grateful!) and get started on what I thought would be a couple week's worth of work. Well........it's been 2 days.........I won't finish it tomorrow since I'll be in town most of the day running and playing with two of the kids.......think I should have it finished on Friday though.......Lex says "thought it was going to take you two weeks! (in a nasal mocking tone)" Yes I stuck my tongue out at her! It's a mother's privilege!!! While waiting for Lex to return from an errand I also got Kerrie's skirt cut out today. Her skirt will take longer than mine, but like Lex's dress, it will be so very worth it! I am amazed at how quickly and easily the dress has come together! And it's as stunning as I knew it would be! Hee Hee Can't wait to show you pix!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't wait to see pictures. I love weddings. Kudos to you. (I had to ask my husband to sew our boys Karate patches on their uniforms last night.) I'm *cough* domestically challenged. :)
ReplyDelete