Kerrie had her first dance recital since starting Tap class inn January. Of course the little bitty girls were just precious and Kerrie remembered fondly dancing at that age. The bigger kids all did wonderfully well!! The recital was a great show! Kerrie had only one other girl in her class so I got a photo of them posing together backstage.
Afterwards we went to DQ for lunch and ice cream! Once our tummies were full we stepped over to Lowe's for a look at their Dog Runs. Yes you read correctly....DOG....
A dear friend has two female dogs that have just had litters and the pups are about ready for new homes. SO......we decided to take one. It will be either full blood Great Pyrenees or half Great pyr and half Mountain Cur. Don't know which we will get yet. This will be a BIG dog either way. Very gentle though and they are natural guardians. I have met the mommas and daddy of these little pups and I can't wait to bring one of the babies home.
This week though we will be preparing for another road trip. Well, some of us will. Lex and Russ will stay here but the other kids and I will go up to my folks. Dad is having shoulder replacement surgery and so we are going up to help my mom and to take care of their sweet little dog. Kids will just take school stuff with them and I am going to take some sewing projects.
Lex and her boyfriend in Abilene broke up and she now has a new suitor. This young man is one of her co-workers and so far we approve. He is by far in better standing already that the other two could hope to be. The other two just really need to pull their lives together instead of relying on someone else to try to push them into doing it. This young man has held down a job for over a year in one place, graduates this Friday, and plans on doing ROTC in college. Oh and has his own vehicle. They have been flirting and teasing each other since she started working 2 months ago. So they seem well suited to each other......so far.
I hope to have some photos of Mykhal on horseback to share soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment