Monday, May 10, 2010
Weekend review
We had such a wonderful time over the weekend! Would have been even better if Lex had been with us, but she chose to stay home and go to work instead. Am proud that she is showing a strong work ethic. We left town Friday morning and drove to Waxahachie. Got there early afternoon and checked into our hotel. Was nice to have some down time to stretch out after the journey. We freshened up and met up with my folks, brother, newphew and his two boys. Had a wonderful meal at El Chico (our favorite Tex-mex restaurant) and enjoyed just getting to be together. It's not often that my brother and I get to be with the folks at the same time. After dinner we walked around the mall and decided to go out for ice cream. So we headed back to Waxahachie and found a Braum's! So that was fun! Afterwards we headed back to the room to get rested for our day at Scarborough Faire. We got up Saturday morning, had a very light bite to eat, then met up with Russ' folks for brunch at IHOP! We all went to the Faire together and did our own things. Got to see them again before they left though. When we were all worn out from walking and shopping, we headed back to town and stopped in at a book store. Spent a lovely relaxing time there and then went out for more Tex-mex! With full tummies and tired feet we headed for the hotel room to get some rest. Sunday morning we got our breakfast at the hotel and headed home. Since we got home before dinner time the kids and Russ decided they needed to take me out for Mother's day/birthday (Wednesday). This time we went for steak! YUM!!! So I have eaten WAY too much this weekend but it was all OH so good! This week looks like it's going to be not too busy, but busy enough. This morning the kids and I cleared the big freezer and I went to pick up beef. I was amazed to find that we had gotten 610 pounds! That's almost triple the amount we had before! I knew our freezer would take double what we had, but triple really pushed the limits and I had to move some over to other freezers! YIKES! No freezing leftovers for awhile....NO ROOM!!! So thankful to be able to get our meat this way though!!! Now we just need to get Russ a new gas grill for Father's day and we will be all set!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment