Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Newsish stuff

So the younger two kids and I drove to my folks' house last Thursday to help take care of Noel....their Jack Russell.  Dad had his shoulder replacement surgery on Friday and though it didn't happen until later in the day than they thought it would, all went better than expected.  The doc had planned one type of replacement since he didn't think he would be able to make repairs to other parts.  But as it turned out repairs could be made and so a less extensive surgery was performed.  Dad is doing well though the long road of recovery is still ahead.  He is already doing some therapy on his own as instructed though.  While my folks were at the hospital and there was a break in needing to give Noel her meds,  the kids and I went out to see Russ' folks who live just 30 minutes away.  We found out on Thursday when arranging to go visit, that Russ' grandma (who turns 92 this year) was having emergency pacemaker surgery at the same time my dad was having his surgery.  She came through ok and is stable as far as we know.  We got to spend Friday afternoon with Russ' folks and even got to go out for dinner with them and his brother and nephew.  It was a very enjoyable time.  We drove home yesterday and after unloading we went to town to get the supplies we will need for our puppy!  We will go get her today.  I can't wait!  I think I'm more excited than the kids!!  I'm sure I'll have lots of puppy-tales and pics to post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment