Saturday, July 7, 2012

We are....

RETIRED!!!!
Yep you read that right.  Russ had his retirement ceremony Tuesday, July 3.  We were surrounded by family and military comrades.  And it was a beautifully done event.

Our Narrator, Lt. Stayton...

His commander, Lt Col Huisman, gave a brief rundown of Russ' 
accomplishments during his time of service....

The Meritorious Service Medal ...

Many awards...

His retirement pin...

Even a few awards for me...

And some gorgeous roses from the unit...
(Russ gave some to his mom too and they were equally beautiful!)

The kids received the Military Brat award ....

Grandson just chilled and watched the show...

A wonderfully done shadow box commemorating his time in both the Army and the Air Force...

A few last words...


And it was PARTY TIME!!


We were surrounded by both our local family and those from out of town for a wonderful evening of fellowship and good food.  
Our military career has been a good one.  It was a life we enjoyed for the most part.  The time has come though to move forward to new adventures and playing the part of home support team as the next generation steps up.  Lex and Jonathan and Matrim leave for their first duty station later this month!  
Tis bittersweet as we are so excited for them but will greatly miss having them close.
....but hey!  We're retired now....and we have a travel trailer.....I think I feel a road trip coming on!
May your lives be as richly blessed as ours!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so very happy for you and I can't wait to hear about your travels and your new life. Congratulations, friend. I know it's been a long time coming!

    ReplyDelete