Wednesday, May 30, 2012

More pics and our garden now

So here are more pictures that Russ' mom took before we left for the faire on Saturday.    I made the pants for the guys, Mykhal's tunic, my blouse, the outer dress on Kerrie, and the grey belts with pouches and cup straps around our waists.  Modifications have already been thought of for the next go round.  So of course there will be more pix in the future!








And here are a few pix of our garden now.

There's just one huge tomato plant there in the foreground.  Okra plants are the tall things in the back, and that's gobs of wonderful red leaf lettuce in between.  Right in front of the okra our leeks are getting big and hidden by the tomato plant are the onions that have really taken off.  Such a difference from last year.

Rosemary is the closest bush, then there's the basil, and cilantro, and you can hardly see the huge parsley bushes below all that!  I didn't get pix of the sweet potato slips around the corner but they are growing like crazy too.

This is mostly watermelon with a few weeds thrown in the mix.  I think we will be enjoying LOTS of watermelon this year!  YEA!!

Beside the watermelon are strawberry plants that are starting to produce and I neglected to get a picture of our fig tree too but it's still alive and well!  We will have a great bounty of garden fresh goodies this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment