Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Projects

So this week I decided to tackle a few projects.  Fun stuff really!  Lex had seen a necklace online that she liked the style of but of course it needed to be customized to suit her. We had gone shopping to get the supplies and yesterday I made her necklace for her.


 The left side has Jonathan's name on the bottom piece, connected to a piece with his birthstones and the oval says Love.  The middle has the cross connected to a piece with Lex's birthstone and the oval says Faith.  The right side has Matrim's name connected to a piece with with his birthstone and the oval says Hope.  All those are connected to the heart and the chain is also made of tiny hearts.  I thought it turned out beautifully!
After finishing her necklace I got inspired to make something for myself to go with a new blouse I have.  And here's what I made....


Well today I decided to tackle a couple of really quick sewing projects.  Some time back I had found some material on sale that looked like a tiered skirt had the elastic and everything!  All you had to do was cut the right width and sew up the seam!  So I had gone out to clear my sewing area and get this 5 minute project finished.  Well wouldn't you know that I spotted some remnants that I had forgotten about and inspiration hit again!!  This one piece was just begging to be turned into a dress for Kerrie.  The image of what I wanted it to look like came to mind.  I set aside the skirts and got busy.  The skirts did eventually get finished, but not till after I finished the dress.

She is absolutely delighted to have a new dress and I'm pretty pleased with it for not having had a pattern to use other than the image in my head.  Looks the way I wanted it to though.  
Other projects for the week are sourdough breads (mainly english muffins for the weekend...YUM)  and playing in my herbs with ideas Russ and I have had for new blends.  
Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment