and teeth, and fingers, and sheets, and....and....and.....But OH the fun!!! The younger two and I spent the weekend with 21 other folk at Sandhills State Park in Monahans, TX. It was our first time camping and what a great experience it was!! Sleeping under the mesh top of our tent and being able to stare at the stars was totally amazing! I rejoiced and gave thanks to God almost all weekend! I say almost because there were some wasps that made getting my tent unloaded and down a touch more challenging....was not particularly thankful for them. Beyond that and some tired sore muscles I think we would all be ready to go again pretty quick!
I took a good number of photos and choosing what to post is not easy, but here are some highlights of the weekend:
Camp site set up and ready for fun!
Boys aren't the only ones who like dirt and trucks!
Bikes for quick trips to the potty and even more fun!
Trying to decide if the wheel-less skateboard needs more wax to get it to slide.
The start of great fellowship time!
First one down that hill Saturday morning...the BIG kids get to have fun too!
Homeschoolers take advantage of every opportunity even on vacation! This is at the Petroleum Museum in the heat of the day Saturday....cool place! (pun intended)
It was LONG way UP to that ridge! But the slide was awesome! Even I got to go slip slidin' away.
SMORES! A perfect ending to a perfect day!
Breaking camp
Time to go home
Never EVER thought I would hear myself say it, but I really do look forward to our next camping adventure!
Looks like a lot of fun! I want some smores. I have a hard time camping, it always feels like military training.
ReplyDeleteSure looks like a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you had this time of great family fun and fellowship!