Monday, March 21, 2011
Training day 2
Yep that was today! I decided to spend a little extra time doing warm up today so that I might avoid another torn muscle. So I walked briskly for 4/10 of a mile, jogged 1/10, and walked another 1/10. No pain, no torn muscles, just feeling good about another step toward my goal! As a side note, I am not using athletic shoes but just socks with my water shoes. Now don't go getting all riled up about me hurting myself! Running on the balls of the feet means there is greatly reduced impact on the joints, and I don't need arch support. This is like running in place only moving forward. Russ is amazed that this feels natural to me, but I have not ever run any other way unless it was to sprint to grab something that was blowing away (or to the bathroom). So learning to run for the first time, my body isn't having to RElearn a movement. Anyway, it felt good to get out and moving today! The weather has just been so wonderful I was thankful for a reason to get out and enjoy it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment