Saturday, April 10, 2010

Escape

So on Wednesday night Russ and I decide that we need a night away and since he's going to be in training for a couple weeks starting next weekend and come May we will probably have more kiddos.....well we figured we'd better have our night out THIS weekend!  So I promptly got online and made reservations for us at at the local Fairfield Inn and made of list of things to get for our in-room picnic.  Having thoroughly enjoyed last year's gourmet cheese, sausage, cracker and cookie picnic I decided on a repeat for this year!  Russ and I had a lovely evening sharing champagne, strawberries, cheese and other goodies combined with relaxing music and time ALONE!  The last time we did this was about 3 years ago!  But without the picnic.  Last year was the picnic without the overnight escape.  Of course, since our life is NEVER dull.......

The fire alarms went off this morning just as Russ and I had finished packing up and were ready to check out!  Hadn't made it downstairs yet though.  So we grabbed all our stuff and trooped out, loaded our stuff in the van and watched the show!  Turns out the hotel had a new dryer installed a couple weeks ago and it just burst into flames!  Lovely!  Going to take them weeks to get that smell out of there!  
The rest of the day was wonderful as we did some shopping and then headed home to spend the afternoon and dinner with Lex's boyfriend and his family.  Delightful folks they are!!  
Tomorrow evening we are off the to the Kutless concert!!  Really looking forward to that!!  Then Monday we will go get our produce from our friends who so kindly picked it up and stored it for us over the weekend.....sorry, but I wasn't giving up Date time with Russ if I could possibly help it!  And I REALLY don't mind going out to our friend's house to get our order....of course if it does rain tomorrow there could be issues with her road.....cross that bridge later.  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment