Tuesday, December 8, 2009

In west Texas???

Sunday evening, the 29th, we had the Hanging of the Greens ceremony at church with our tasting party after.  Was a lovely evening as usual and the church looks so nice dressed for Christmas. Had a fairly normal week of school and chores.  Russ decided to take Friday off to take Mykhal out deer hunting.  Well we woke to almost 2 inches of snow on the ground!!!  UNBELIEVABLE!! The guys went hunting anyway but didn't get anything.  Oh well....another time.  The rest of Friday and saturday was spent doing odd jobs around the house, Mykhal rearranging his room, and Kerrie moving rooms.  Definitely a process!  Sunday morning I was on Greeter duty, Russ and I were servers for communion, and then we stopped for Mexican food on the way home.  Sunday afternoon Kerrie had Christmas play practice and I got the chance to go visit with a sweet lady in one of our nursing homes and serve her communion.  It was a wonderful day!  Lex's placement test and curriculum did arrive and I started battling computer to get everything installed.  Mykhal's computer was running slow too and so since Russ had finally found the software he decided to clear the hard drive and start over.  What a process that was too! Yesterday I finally had to call tech support for help on Lex's computer.  Thankfully it was a quick and easy fix to the problems!  Today Lex has a doctor's appointment about one of her toes again.  Seems that part of the toenail is growing back where it shouldn't.  So I'm sure more surgery is in the very near future for her.  At least we know what to expect with it this time and know that it's not a huge ordeal.  Tomorrow evening I'm driving the church van (for some strange reason they seem to think I'm well qualified for that job since I own one like it) for the kids' caroling party.  We are going to go to a retirement center to sing.    Then on Friday Russ and I have the Squadron Christmas party, Saturday is the Christmas party for the Bair foundation ( the organization we are going through for the adoption), then Sunday is the kids' Christmas play.  Gracious!  I'm hoping for a much slower week after all that.  Then it will be time to get ready to go to Dallas for Christmas with family!  Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment