Yes I know I missed a week! Sorry....but kinda hard to write a post when you're on the road with no internet connection. We have been busy to say the least. Last week we were preparing for a trip then began the jouney on Friday Sept 4th. We left town mid afternoon and drove to Russ's folks house up near Dallas, then Saturday found us on the road to Tulsa to see Russ's grandma who turned 91 this month and we had dinner with her, then Sunday found us back on the road to Russ's folks house to do a birthday dinner for his dad, Monday was a quick jaunt over to my folk's house to do birthday dinner for my mom, and Tuesday found us heading home. Was a GREAT trip but exhausting! Wednesday dawned with us pulling carpet out of our front room and hall....NASTY stuff that we should have removed before our furniture got here when we moved in. Once that was done and the concrete cleaned up, we began laying vinyl tile....this took up Thursday and part of Friday as well. Then Friday evening we had members of our Sunday School Class over for a "Back to School" type party. Was good fellowship! This week we have also been enjoying wonderful rain and cooler temperatures!! the house is opened up and airing out! Sooooo nice!! Today I took the younger two kids for a make up riding lesson while Russ pulled carpet in Mykhal's room. I'll be working on laying tile in there next week. Tomorrow I am the storyteller for our Children's ministry, then Russ and I are starting to lead Experiencing God as a study for the Sunday school class. We did not go to the adoption orientation meeting this past Thursday, so we are planning to go next month. Also in the works now are some farm animals! Can you believe it???? Yep....got plans for gardens, cows, goats, and chickens! Now we need a fence and a barn!! Russ says " and the list just keeps growing!"
Never dull around here for sure! But life is suppose to be a wonderful adventure!
that is a lot of birthday busy-ness! glad you made it back home safely!
ReplyDelete