Friday, August 14, 2009

What a week!

I think I could use the same title as last week! Last weekend we became very aware that our a/c was not working correctly. So Monday I called to set up and appt for them to come out and so they were to come out Wednesday. Tuesday I spent at the church. I filled in for our vacationing secretary that morning. Our regular young lady was unable to fill in for Monday and Tuesday. Then Tuesday afternoon I was going to be working on painting the door for our Children's Chapel, but they had not painted the room yet so I'll wait. Spent the afternoon chatting with our Children's ministries director instead. Was nice! I took the younger two kids with me and they did school there. When we got home though we discovered that the a/c was no longer working and it was 91 in the house... UGH!!! Thankfully there was rain that moved in and cooler breezes so we were ok for the night after we opened up the house. Wednesday was hot and muggy! The a/c guy didn't make it out until around 7pm. He was able to get the a/c working again with adding freon, but we had already decided to replace the unit. The guy said that they were totally booked for Thursday but might be able to get our Friday or Monday. Well Thursday morning I get a call from the boss man who confirms our desire to have a new a/c system and then says they've had a cancellation for the day and can be out in an hour! As I'm standing there in my pajamas going over my list of errands for the day, I say that's great! So I hang up and the scramble begins. Lex was able to take care of the one errand that HAD to be done and I got a workout and a shower before the workmen arrived! Whew! So today we are starting our reading program and making sure all school work is finished. Then this afternoon we will go run the errands I didn't run yesterday. Never a dull moment right? Not sure what all we will accomplish this weekend, but we'll get something done I'm sure. Going to smoke more meat for one thing! YUM!! I'm just thankful that we have cool air again along with the pleasure of a reduced electric bill!! I do have some pictures of our a/c replacement, but that will have to wait until tomorrow or sometime....

No comments:

Post a Comment