1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, NLT
Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
It was Easter 1983 in an OLD church in Ft. Worth, TX, the day I was baptized. I was 11 years old. Having been a pastor's kid since the age of 6, and having grown up in church before that, I had the understanding needed to take this step. And so I began the next phase of my Walk of Faith..............
It was December 15, 1983 in Poteau, OK and just as I was about to get ready for bed there was a knock at the door. I answered it to find policemen asking for my dad. Dad stepped out on the porch to talk and came back in a bit later a shattered man. My sister had been murdered. “How could God allow this to happen?” was my cry. It was 10 years before I finally came to terms with my grief and allowed God's healing of my heart. During those years I was not joyful, I did not pray, I was not thankful....I wanted nothing to do with God.....I was MAD! But that's not the face I showed to the world and somehow God used that one small part of me that wasn't walled off. Looking back God was working through me and around me that whole time. But I had put blinders on and didn't want to see. God comforted my friends through me, God brought my husband to be into a relationship with Him partially through me....but I didn't see and couldn't rejoice in Work of the Lord. I was married and pregnant with our second child before I fell on my face before the Almighty and found myself scooped up into the Everlasting, Loving arms of my Father..................
Now it's February 27, 2009 and my little two and half year old boy goes into a seizure in my arms, and dies. I cling to the only thing I know will help: the Hand of my God. How different my reaction, how different the results. God provided me with a peace that passes all understanding, He provided me friends who provided that human touch, He gave me strength, He gave me comfort. And I rejoiced in knowing I would one day see my little one again, I celebrated the two and half years of memories I had. And I sought to find how God would be glorified.
I was/am joyFULL, I was/am thankFULL, and continue to Pray and give Glory unto my God. God is the Great Provider, the Great Comforter, and the Ultimate Peacemaker. I strive daily, moment by moment to let the Light of God shine through me so that all around me will be drawn to Him, and once in awhile He provides me with glimpse of His power at work.
Only the Lord can fill us with His peace that surpasses all understanding. He is so faithful. Your words encourage me to know that He does provide strength in ALL! May God bless you and your family.
ReplyDeleteI don't know you in person, but my mommy heart breaks for the great trials that you have suffered. Praise the Lord for HIS strength to hold our hearts together!
ReplyDeleteI so can't wait for Heaven!!! And it wouldn't be possible without the love and sacrifice of Jesus. So many reasons to give thanks to Him!