Wednesday, June 3, 2009

more tumbling thoughts

Mark 11:24 NIV
“Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”


Do you mean it? When you pray for someone do you mean it? We ask for peace for someone in a troubled time, we ask for strength for someone when they are down, we pray for comfort for one who is in pain, and we pray for healing for the sick. Why are we always so surprised when our prayers are answered? Do we mean it when we pray? I know I am earnest in the moment.....but what about tomorrow? Do I still mean it?

Recently, as we experienced our own tragedy, we had more people than we could possibly begin to count praying for us. I asked people to pray specifically for peace and comfort for our family. And you know what???? God provided! Amazing huh?? We shouldn't be so surprised. God is our Great Provider! He hears and answers our prayers! He is faithful even in the smallest of details!

A friend, during this time, has been approached repeatedly by others wondering how it is I have a smile on my face, how can I be so calm and full of joy. And she lowers the boom! “What do you mean?” she asks, “Didn't you pray for peace and comfort for her? Did you expect God NOT to answer your prayer?” I say you go girl!

But how often are we the ones asking “How?” Is our Faith not even the size of the mustard seed? Or do we think God is too busy? Pray BELIEVING, KNOW that God will answer, and REJOICE REJOICE REJOICE! Give God the Glory that is HIS! Amen and Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Well put KK.
    It comes down to do you (the prayer) believe what you're praying for will come to pass. It brings to my remembrance Matthew 21:21-22.
    Thank you for the reminder to always have an expectancy of answered prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoughtful post, a reminder I needed today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very smart friend!

    I don't know where I'd be without the continued prayers of friends. And I want to be the friend that doesn't just say I will pray, but to actually follow through!

    (And in case you are wondering who I am, this is Marsha from The Homeschool Lounge.) ;)

    ReplyDelete