Friday, May 8, 2009

I am so glad that this school year is nearing an end! There's light at the end of the tunnel!! We will continue to do some schooling through the summer months just so we don't lose our "groove". But with Church camps, park days, weekends with family, and mini vacations we just don't have time for a full course load. And then of course there are the projects on the house we want to work on too.
Kerrie recently participated in Jump Rope for Heart through our homeschool co-op. She raised over $150 dollars on her own, contributing to the over $1700 total that was raised by the dozen or so participants. By raising that amount, Kerrie earned 2 free passes to Hurricane Harbor water park in Arlington. They are having a special day for just the JumpRope for Heart kids and families on May 17th. So we are going. Hopefully we will get to touch base with family while we are up there, but the details on that will have to be worked out quickly! I'm sure I'll have pictures to post after that weekend!
Time for me to go get ready to pick up our weekly produce! Have a blessed day and weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I found you! Great job on the fund raiser. I went to produce yesterday - but I forgot what time it was. ::snort:: I showed up an hour early.

    Thanks for taking that roast for me and cooking it up. My poor husband would die if I planned one more thing before the packers arrive.

    ReplyDelete