Monday, May 18, 2009

Cold waterpark weekend

We did get up to Arlington and to the water park. Our drive up was cold and rainy, but we were behind the worst of the rain so it wasn't too bad. Then we met up with my folks and Russ' folks for dinner....good food and good company! Lex had no desire to go play in the water so she went home with Russ' folks for the night. She took schoolwork to get ahead on during Sunday. Sunday morning dawned slightly overcast, but the sun soon broke through and began to warm the air. We had a leisurely morning since the park didn't open until 10:30. I did take pictures as I promised I would, but I don't have a cable for this camera nor a reader for the card so the pics will have to wait. The sun was warm and the sunning chairs were quite inviting....so Russ and I sat while Mykhal and Kerrie went off to play in the icy cold water. Watching every one's reaction to the water was highly entertaining as we sat in the nice warm sun. The kids checked in periodically so all was good. We did get to witness further entertainment with a short jump rope team display, and one of the wildest rides I've ever seen! They had three towers and cables hanging between two and a wench on the third. People were hooked up to the cables in a hang glider harness and pulled up to the top of the third tower about 250 feet in the air. They pulled a rip cord releasing the wench cable and away the swung! FLYING at the ends of the other cables. It was just a huge swing....but what a wild ride! No I didn't want to go up....but yes I did get pix. We left the park about 3 in the afternoon with the kids shivering in the breeze. After showering we met up with Lex and Russ' folks for a steak dinner. It was a whirlwind weekend, but it was fun! Good to be back home again though. I'll get pix posted as soon as I can get things figured out. Now it's back to the grindstone tomorrow morning! Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blog world. It's a great way to share your thoughts and encourage others at the same time. Keep blogging.

    Zinnada<><

    ReplyDelete